Thursday, May 28, 2009

my attempt at story writing.....

HERE IS A CRIME STORY...ONE MORE ATTEMPT AT WRITING....


THE MASTERMIND

She was bored.The music was pumping.The drinks were flowing.And she was
dressed to kill.She stood in front of the bar,running her eyes over the
couples slow-dancing.And then she saw him...all those years at sleuthing
had sharpened Sonia's perception to a great extent...though his was a
face she could never forget...she felt jittery or was it the drink at
work?
She tried to put on a coquettish air and his prancing eyes caught sight
of her instantly.He moved towards her with a slight swagger."Today is
going to be the nemesis-a criminal on the prawl,and a dangerous one at
that!"-she thought.With a sly move,she looked askance at sleuth Simons
and beckoned him furtively to be on guard."Hullo, can i buy you a drink..
...?-he asked in a charming tone."Ah sure!but may i know your name
please?"-said Sonia."I am Paul",he answered with that loutish chuckle
she despised so much......
The drink lasted an hour and they talked on various topics and she was
at her pleasing best..."Oh!!isn't it very stuffy inside?..a walk up
cliff and back won't be too much to ask for i guess?",said Sonia
batting her eyelids."Oh sure" said Paul with a leer.As they were
walking past the trees towards the now-deserted cliff-side,vignettes
of that dark night came flashing back-the car nosediving into the
deep ravine.. taking gargantuan turns and then being blown to
smithereens..."It would be the end of it all today",she thought.

Just then,she felt the sharp nudge of a pistol."I had recognised
you the moment i set my eyes on you...Keep still lady or my pistol
will do the talking!!..and you better tell your lackeys to steer
clear off my way,RIGHT NOW!!!",said Paul.She gestured them to stop
where they stood..as she was dragged at gunpoint towards the cliff..
..she thought-"This man is the only thorn in the flesh,the reason
behind all my plans ending up in a mess...blackmailing me,extorting
money out of me..will you?..blood gushed into her veins,she lunged
forward and caught hold of the pistol,there was a struggle-a shot-
a thud-and then a lull...her associates came running from their ambush
to find her lying dazed near a motionless body.

"I have done it!!",sonia thought truimphantly."Now i am free..kudos
to my skills at trapping and getting rid of him...the sole witness
to my crime-the cleverly planned murder of my rich uncle that
appeared to be an accident...now I am free to splurge the money
and have a lavish life..free at last!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment